Must Know Car Maintenance Tips
Preventive maintenance for your car can help to increase its life, maintain performance, save money on repairs and increase the resale value.
Proper maintenance ensures a smooth, safe drive, while preventing major blowouts
or engine failure. Many car owners do not take this seriously and they encounter serious mechanical problems that could have been avoided.
Preventive maintenance doesn’t cost too much and it pays off in the long term by averting more expensive repairs later on.
Here are some tips to keep your car running right:
- Schedule regular Service to know about health status of all parts including suspension and clutch.
- Get oil and air filters changed regularly.
- The car’s coolant level must be between the Min and Max level as per the user manual. You can check this once a week when the car ignition is off, and the engine is cold.
- Before driving watch for warning lights, note performance changes and listen to your car - any changes or unusual noises are worth having checked before a more serious fault develops.
- To keep your car's air-conditioning system fit for the next warm season, run it a few times throughout the winter. This will prevent moving parts in the compressor from seizing. Also, circulating the refrigerant will help keep the seals soft and pliant.
- Buy fuel at the reputed fuel stations only.
- Get fluids flushed at least once every two years
- Keep an eye on your timing chain's replacement schedule. Generally, manufacturers will mention a KM reading at which timing chain must be replaced to avoid damage to the engine.
- Watch out for any oil or coolant leakages and get them fixed immediately.
- Check power steering oil level regularly.
- Worn suspension can increase stopping distance by up to 20%. The components of the suspension should be checked regularly for signs of physical damage or excess wear. The shock absorbers should be looked over for fluid leaks. The suspension can be checked while driving, by keeping an eye on steering wheel vibrations or even ‘nose diving’ when stopping.
- Check tyre air pressure each month and keep tyres at the best pressure.
- Get the tyre restated and balanced as required or as stated by technician.
- Monitor tyre treads and get tyres replaced as needed.
- Keep an eye on Brake pad thickness and get pads replaced when needed.
- Make note of the car's fuel efficiency and notify the technician on any changes.
- The way you drive reflects on your car. If you drive rashly, then your car has the chances of wear faster and can also damage your car permanently. By driving smartly and safely, you not only ensure less wear and tear on your car but also can save up on your fuel costs.
- It is important keep engine exterior clean too. Some minor debris in the wrong place can do a lot of damage if not checked.
- Make Sure the battery cable connections are tight and the terminals are free from
- Corrosion. If the battery is more than 3 years old, it’s a good idea to have it tested to
- determine how much life it has left.
- Do not allow your new car to idle for long periods. This is good advice for the life of your car, but especially during break-in period. The oil pressure generated by doing so may not be sending oil to every part of your engine.
- Wiper blades should completely clear the glass with each swipe. Make sure the
- windshield water reservoir is filled.
- All car lights must be checked once a week. These include indicators, reversing lights, brake lights, and fog lights. Also look out for any dirt on the lenses or broken/cracked bulbs.
- Washing doesn’t just get the dust off your vehicle, it maintains the new look of your car. There are many regular exterior elements that, if not removed or cleaned regularly, can damage the car’s body, strip away its wax and dull down the paint.
Also, Visit us at Cardifi.com or call now (+917619121760) to book or inquire about car service. We use the best-suited oils and components at a reasonable price. We have trained technicians who can look after your car like their own. We send you a simple PDF estimate to your email on any issues found with all-inclusive prices. This may serve as a health status report.
What’s more? We offer free doorstep pick up and drop, so you can relax or go ahead with your busy day without a worry.
We also offer service right at the doorstep at selected locations (prices may vary with this option).